New Student Receptions
In April, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and CAA Alumni Chapters from around the country invite newly admitted Cal students to attend a New Student Reception to learn more about Cal. Volunteers are needed to staff a Cal Parents information table, welcoming and serving as a resource to families of students who are considering Berkeley. This is a great opportunity to share your experience of discovering what you find most special about Cal.
Schedule: (Exact times and reception venues are being finalized. Sign up here to indicate your interest in volunteering in a city listed below and we will be in touch as details are finalized.)
- April 2 – Stockton, CA; Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Scottsdale, AZ
- April 3 – New York, NY; Minneapolis, MN; Denver, CO; Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Summerland, NV
- April 4 – Vienna, VA
- April 5 – Gaithersburg, MD
- April 9 – Seattle, WA; Dallas, TX; San Diego, CA; Sacramento, CA
- April 10 – Orange County, CA; Auburn, CA; Portland, OR; Houston, TX
- April 11 – Burbank, CA; Philadelphia, PA
- April 12 – Riverside, CA
- April 13 – Los Angeles, CA
Cal Day, April 16, is Berkeley’s annual open house, with events and programming across campus, and it is the day when Cal officially welcomes newly admitted students and their families. Volunteers are needed to staff the Cal Parents information tent. Cal Day is always a fantastic day to be on campus and experience the magic of Berkeley.
Cal Day Private High School session
Did your Cal Bear attend a private high school? Interested in sharing your experience with newly admitted students from private high schools and their families? Volunteers are needed to welcome those attending a special Cal Day informational session for private high school families. The aim of the event is to encourage prospective students and their parents to choose to attend Berkeley, and assure them there are resources available to help with the transition. For more information or to sign up, please contact Colleen Cahill, Assistant Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement. Space is very limited for this opportunity.
Spring Parent-to-Parent Fundraising Campaign
Help raise funds and thank donors to Cal! Volunteers are needed to contact 8-10 families in your city or region and encourage a leadership gift to the university, and to also thank those who have contributed this year, during the six-week campaign in April and May. Plenty of training and staff support will be provided. For more information or to sign up, please contact Colleen Cahill, Assistant Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement.
Upcoming dates to remember:
- February 15 – Presidents’ Day Holiday
- March 21-25 – Spring Break
- April 16 – Cal Day
Thank you for raising your hand to represent and advocate for Cal. We will follow up directly in the coming weeks regarding the activities for which you have volunteered to help. We are grateful for your continued commitment and enthusiasm for Berkeley!
Cal Parents Staff
- David Ortega, Director of Parent Services & Communication, email@example.com
- Jason Smith, Director of Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karla Rodebush, Associate Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, email@example.com
- Colleen Cahill, Assistant Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Mielke Walsh, Senior Development Analyst for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, email@example.com
Check out the Cal Parents website, Parent Engagement site and Facebook page more information just for parents.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and events at Berkeley: Berkeley NewsCenter, UC Berkeley Events.