Welcome New Cal Parents Ambassadors!
A warm welcome to our newest Cal Parent Ambassadors, many of whom signed up at Cal Day and are parents of incoming fall students. Thank you for raising your hand to become more involved! We will be following up with you this summer with more detailed information about the Cal Parents Ambassador program. In the meantime, if you have any questions or suggestions, please contact Rose Hsu, Assistant Director of Parent Engagement. Welcome to the Berkeley family!
New Student Orientation (CalSO) - Volunteers Needed!
In June and July, returning parents are invited to provide first-hand advice to incoming parents as part of the “First Year Experiences of CalSO Leaders” panel discussion. Speakers are needed for ten sessions. If you would like to share your wisdom and help reassure incoming parents, sign up here.
Welcome Calls to New Cal Families - Volunteers Needed!
If you would like to make welcome calls to families of incoming students this summer, once again, please contact Rose Hsu. We will provide you with contact information for 5-10 families in your community. This is a great way to connect with fellow Cal families, provide a warm welcome to Berkeley and share your experience as a Cal Parent!
Thank You Cal Parents Volunteers!
A special shout out to volunteers who helped at Student Yield Receptions this spring, which were held nationwide: Alamelu and Sekhar Arunachalam; Sharon Douglas; Paul and Sue Epps; Martin Hagan; Nancy Hughes; Laurie Irwin; Lucinda Linde; Kim Schoettle; Carol Vazirani; and Sharon Wu. Thank you for enthusiastically engaging with prospective Cal students and parents throughout the country!
Celebrate Another Great Year With a Gift to Cal!
With the academic year now just closed, if you haven’t made a gift yet, please join 3,200 of your fellow parents in making a donation to the Cal Parents Fund, or to another area of campus, by June 30 (fiscal year close). Your support helps elevate and maintain Berkeley’s ranking as one of the top premier institutions in the world! Of key importance, is not how much you give, but that you give. You can help advance your child’s education and passions by donating now.
Upcoming dates to remember:
- June 2 - July 15 – CalSO
- June 6 - Summer sessions 2016: ten-week session begins
- June 20 - Summer sessions 2016: eight-week session begins
- July 5 - Summer sessions 2016: second six-week session begins
- September 30 - Oct 2 - Parents Weekend at Homecoming
As always, we are grateful for your continued commitment and enthusiasm for Berkeley! Go Bears!!
Cal Parents Staff
- David Ortega, Director of Parent Services & Communication, email@example.com
- Jason Smith, Director of Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karla Rodebush, Associate Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, email@example.com
- Rose Hsu, Assistant Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colleen Cahill, Assistant Director for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, email@example.com
- Michelle Mielke Walsh, Senior Development Analyst for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Yun, Development Associate for Parent Philanthropy & Engagement, email@example.com
Check out the Cal Parents website and Facebook page for more information just for parents.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and events at Berkeley: Berkeley NewsCenter, UC Berkeley Events.