Cal Parents Ambassadors champion UC Berkeley and promote goodwill for the university through a variety of volunteer opportunities – both on and off campus. Each year, this group of parents, grandparents, and guardians play an important role in supporting the Cal community and serving as a valuable peer resource to new and prospective Cal families across the country.
Become an Ambassador to:
- Be more connected to your student’s college experience
- Meet other Cal parents through volunteerism
- Help a large university feel smaller
- Make a difference for Berkeley
Benefits of being an Ambassador:
- Network with other Cal parents and grow an extended family
- Get to know Cal Parents staff and Berkeley more intimately
- Gain insider knowledge of resources to benefit your student
- Have a good excuse to visit the campus and see your student!
Annual volunteer opportunities include staffing a Cal Parents & Families information table at: Move-In (August, Berkeley campus); Parents Weekend at Homecoming (October, Berkeley campus); Admitted Student Receptions (April, in selected U.S. cities); and Cal Day (April, Berkeley campus).
For more information and to be added to the Cal Parents Ambassador mailing list, contact Karen Abril Salazar Gonzalez at email@example.com.